Sunday, March 20, 2011

CHAOS!


I long to be centered, aligned with Spirit, and feel the world solid beneath my feet - that is why the name of my website, blog, and radio show is “Journey to Center.” Unfortunately life in its natural color is not always so balanced, clean and clear. Chaos, yuck, it brings to mind messiness and discomfort. Chaos comes from the Greek word “khaos.” To the ancients, chaos was the first state of the universe, or the emptiness of the outer darkness. In modern times, chaos has come to mean disorder, confusion and a total lack of organization. Most of us probably would not consider chaos to be positive - but are their gifts or an upside to chaos? I was assured by some of my recent guests on my radio show on Empower Radio that chaos can indeed be a very good thing.

I was informed by my experts chaos can shake up the status quo, support us in breaking out of habits and patterns and uplevel in our lives. It may be a good idea to set the intention to make friends with chaos if you are on a journey of awakening, self-discovery, or have the desire to expand in consciousness, because it seems periods of chaos are going to inevitable!

I have experienced periods of profound chaos, where at the time, if I were asked, I would have described it as horrible, awful, and tragic. However, in retrospect, the chaos was exactly what I needed to shift, change, learn, grow and expand. Like the phoenix rising from the ashes those periods of confusion, messiness, and discomfort supported me in journeying to a place of higher altitude and greater awareness. Although uncomfortable I feel the quality of chaos certainly contributed to helping grow up spiritually.

In his book Cracking Creativity: The Secrets of Creative Genius, Michael Michalko says, "It is impossible to think unpredictably by looking harder and longer in the same direction. When your attention is focused on a subject, a few patterns are highly activated in your brain and dominate your thinking. ... If, however, you change your focus and think about something that is not related, different, unusual patterns are activated." Chaos sometimes involves deliberately looking at something in a new way, forcing new associations to form new and different patterns.

Now while in the midst of chaos, I find ways to support myself. I allow myself to rest more, meditate more, and I have found it helps immensely to put order into my environment. This seems to assist me in moving through those strange and uncomfortable times with a bit more grace and ease.

On a final note, I love this quote from American writer Henry Brooks Adams: “Chaos often breeds life, when order breeds habit.” So know I am sending you blessings of LIFE, love, expansion along with a generous dose of grace and ease!

2 comments:

  1. Yes!! I am a witness to this!! Rising like the Phoenix out of chaos on my path... thank you for being a witness and sharing from your soul. Our Soul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My honor and my privledge SR! I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.