Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Wisdom Within





People that come to see me for counseling are often motivated by intense pain, confusion, hurt or fear.  I ask them to claim their intentions about what they want, where they want to go and how they want to feel.  My intention is to take them as far, high and deep as they want to go, because in truth, we can never exceed that intention.  I may want for someone to be happy, healthy and fulfilled, but if they only want temporary relief that will be the destination. 

Often once intentions have been claimed, and IF they really want to “go for it” we often end up doing guided meditations. This process helps access subconscious blocks, clear limiting beliefs and heal childhood hurts.  Guided meditations are also a powerful way to access one’s own inner wisdom and find the “right” answers to one’s personal questions.  Sure, it is compelling to go to a psychic, and it is great to experience the advice from someone we respect, but when we tap into our own wisdom, it is truly transformational and can change our lives in an instant!

Though I love to share my opinion and perspective about how life works here on planet Earth (and sometimes I do) it is so much more powerful to hold space and allow a person to find their own truth.  Every single one of us has profound wisdom and knowing within, however, most of us were not taught how to access it.

Did you grow up hearing any of these kinds of statements? Do what your told; I don’t care how you feel; clean off your plate, children in China are starving!  Money doesn’t grow on trees; You did that wrong; Your bad; That’s stupid.  Or did you ever just feel you were not that valuable, important, listened to, or loved? If you can relate to any of these examples, it is likely the loving voice of your inner wisdom fell silent and fear based beliefs started to take up residence in your psyche.

The good news is, despite any inaccurate information you heard or began to believe, that wise, wonderful, loving voice is still inside of you.  And the GREAT news is you can begin to access it through the silencing your intellectual, thinking mind, and listening for the still small voice of the heart.  Some of the ways I have found to effectively do this is to set my intention, light a candle, play some soothing music, or sit quietly in nature. Next, I focus on my breath.  Once my “monkey mind” relaxes (which can take from 2 to 20 minutes, depending on how crazy the monkey is feeling that day) I ask the question I want the answer to.  Often I need to be patient, but eventually, (or sometimes quickly) an answer or information drops into my awareness, which sounds and feels very different than what my conscious thinking mind conjures up.  With this information comes profound AHA’s, epiphanies, clarity and peace.

Do you have questions you want the answer to? Are you confused about the nature of physical world reality, relationships, or money?  If so, try this simple technique and see what happens.  You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.  If you are challenged in accessing your wisdom, please be in touch with me and I would be honored in supporting you turn up the volume of that still small voice within.



You have more power than you think! You have more wisdom then you know!  Turn inward with the intention to activate and hear your own inner brilliance and let me know what happens next! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.