Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Tapping into the Power of Appreciation

It has been said if we were to utter one prayer, and that prayer was of gratitude, it would be enough. It has also been said, appreciation, even more than love, is the animating force of the Universe. Just as the sunflower turns its face towards the sun, we as humans align with our Creator as we utter our heartfelt thanks.

It is a simple truth as we give thanks, we raise our vibration. This in turn helps us attract improved circumstances, positive opportunities, prosperity and synchronicity. But before I could teach this concept, or believe it, I had to learn it.

Years ago I struggled with depression, poverty and failed relationships. I meditated and asked my soul "Why?" I received this message: "Because you are paying attention to what is bad and wrong, rather than good and right." It was true. I was focused on the past and my "sad stories." But as I told those stories, I was attracting more of the same story. In that moment I realized if I wanted something different, I was going to have to do something different. Gratitude was the practice that helped me turn the steering wheel of my life in the direction of an empowered, prosperous and positive future.

These are the seven simple steps that initiated my transformation from victimhood to authentic power.

1. I purchased a "gratitude journal" and before getting out of bed in the morning, I wrote down anything and everything I could think of I was grateful for.

2. I began to consider, claim and write down all the things I appreciated about myself.

3. I committed to saying "thank you" to every person who gave me a compliment, held the door open, offered a kindness, service or consideration of any kind.

4. I mailed thank you cards and hand written notes to all of the people I loved and appreciated.

5. I volunteered for Hospice (volunteer work opens our hearts and moves energy in an extraordinary way!)

6. I started to pay attention and express my appreciation to the Universe for the beauty and abundance of nature and this world.

7. I ended each day lighting a candle, counting my blessings and for five minutes allowed myself to bask in the energy of grace, graciousness and gratitude.

Though the steps were simple, they started to shift my life in a powerful way immediately. Several years later I am living a prosperous, love filled, and glorious life. I am vibrantly healthy and have manifested the man, and the career, of my dreams.


Appreciation was the simple, yet powerful practice that opened my heart, raised my vibration and shifted my trajectory from a downward spiral, to an upward ascent. Spiritual law dictates, if you commit to yourself, and apply these simple principles, they can do the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.