Monday, July 6, 2009

Freedom

If I HAD to choose my favorite holiday, it would be the Fourth of July. For me July represents celebration and freedom - freedom to be alive, to enjoy living, to give full and complete expression to every capacity we possess. To quote Moshe Dayan: Freedom is the oxygen of the soul.

For the most part I live in a wonderful state of inner freedom. Even though I have always lived in this great nation, I have not always felt free. More than a simple statement about one’s physical location, it is a state of being. When I was unclear in regard to my boundaries or worth, life was scary, overwhelming and painful. Although I was technically “free”, I was too afraid and in too much pain to enjoy it! I have since tightened up my boundaries and have done the inner work necessary to experience true freedom. Now with my healthy boundaries in place, I feel safe, balanced, happy and whole.

I love doing Mandalas,
you start with the creation of a clear boundary (the circle), then from that place infinite possibilities are available. In my book Manifesting Love From the Inside Out, I quote Chuck Connradt, a motivational speaker, in my chapter about boundaries: “Freedom is greatest with the boundaries are clearly defined. Knowing my boundaries and residing in my center is what supports me in experiencing a more consistent state of peace and freedom. Are you free? Write to me and let’s talk about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.