Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Self Love


A very interesting week at the Art 4 healing program! I put glitter paint on some of my abstract paintings…much to the chagrin of the teacher. As she was clearly (and loudly) expressing her displeasure about the bling…I felt my heart beating REALLY HARD in my chest, I was confused, wasn’t this course about personal self expression? Should I apologize? Defend myself? Explain myself? Crawl away and hide myself? Instead, I chose not to take it personally, to love my glitter - and to love me.

In the four agreements Author Don Miguel Ruiz tells us not to take anything personally. “Nothing others do is because of you, what others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinion and actions of others you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.”

As a recovered People Pleaser, this was something really new for me. In the past I would have withered up and died. But this time I did not let the opinion of another (an authority figure no less!) pull me out of my own self approval and self love. I think our biggest hurt and heartache comes from withdrawing our approval from ourselves. If we can learn to love ourselves no matter what, life is so much less painful and so much more fun!

I learned a lot of new techniques and obtained some great healing tools this week (and created some cool glittery paintings!) but the most important thing I learned is that I have come a loooong way on the journey to Self love! I am happy to report I really do like and approve of me….even if others do not! Write to me with your wins about Self-love, it would be great to hear from you!


2 comments:

  1. Hey Tammi. Another great post.

    I think we all have ways to go with respect to self-love. Obviously, some of us have a shoter journey than others. But the fun part IS the journey. Learning about what you want, what you need, etc.

    I believe the road to self-love has no destination. Just peaks and valleys...smooth roads and bumpy roads...dirt roads and concrete ones.

    Thanks for your perspective. Again, great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your post and your thoughts. I agree, I believe there is always another level of self-love available to us...until we make it to the genre of ascended master!

    Good to remember that it is the journey not the destination that is the point of this human experience!

    Blessings to you Mr. Knight!

    Tammi

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.